Published in Community Outreach on October 2, 2015.
The Indianapolis Veterans Court is looking for mentors. If you are a veteran and would like to help other veterans please consider this program. This new problem solving court is looking for military veterans to volunteer in Marion County to mentor other veterans who are in need. These mentors will be a resource for the court’s veteran participants, but will not be counselors. The mentors will be asked to:
- Receive training on veteran resources
- Be supportive to difficulties facing our veteran participants
- Assist veterans navigating the VA system and other resources offered
- Follow the Indy Veterans Court plan for the veteran participant
- Commit to changing another veteran’s life
- Work as a team with other veteran mentors
Please consider giving your time to help other veterans in our community.
For more information please contact:
Christopher McFadden, IVC Mentor
902 Virginia Ave.
Indianapolis, IN 46203